Professional measurements & evaluations.
The Howland Company offers professional, industry-leading testing and measurement services for the aerospace, defense, and commercial industries. Working with clients throughout the U.S. and worldwide, we provide antenna testing, electromagnetic shield testing, and ripple measurements for complete evaluations of capability and performance.
Antenna Testing Services
For decades, The Howland Company has been recognized as a leader in the design and development of antenna measurement methods, techniques, and facilities. Our experience and expertise are now directly available to antenna developers. We offer measurement results with industry-leading accuracy and reliability, quick turnaround, and reasonable pricing.
What We Can Test
- Antennas up to 36 inches (92cm) in diameter
- Antennas up to 100 pounds (45kg) in weight
- Frequency range of 700MHz to 18GHz
Parameters we can measure
- Total Radiated Power (TRP)
Test Data Formats
- Radiation Patterns
- Gain vs. Frequency
- Directivity vs. Frequency
- Efficiency v. Frequency
- Tabular Data
- Digital Data (ASCII)
We use one of our own Model 3500 Wireless Test Labs for measuring customers’ antennas and wireless devices. Most measurements are made with an Agilent N5230A PNA-L Network Analyzer, but the following test & measurement instrumentation and equipment is also available in our lab:
- Rohde & Schwarz CMU 200
- Rohde & Schwarz ZVB 20 Vector Network Analyzer
- Rohde & Schwarz FSV Signal/Spectrum Analyzer
- Rohde & Schwarz NRP2 Power Meters
- Rohde & Schwarz SMV03 Vector Signal Generator
- Agilent 8753ES S-Parameter Network Analyzer
- Howland motion controllers and RF switch matrix devices
- Howland instrument control and data acquisition/analysis software
- A full complement of RF probe antennas, cables & connectors, fixturing, etc.
Electromagnetic Shielding Testing
Our team is skilled in the testing and evaluation of existing or newly constructed electromagnetic shielding.
We offer ripple measurements of mobile phone and wireless device OTA test systems.